Thursday, October 22, 2009

Going for Speed

I was going for speed….not distance.  I can’t tell you how many times during a run this song pops into my head.  I should probably stick it on my iPod.

 FITDistance:  2.0 miles
Time:  17:58
Avg. Pace:  8:59/mile

I was going for a liiiittle faster, but at about 1.25 miles, my iPod lost its charge.  Running without music is hard!  I know I did mile 1 just about or even under 8:00, so mile 2 was definitely slower. 

My groin is absolutely KILLING me today.  And there’s no hot yoga class today and I can’t make tomorrow’s.  What’s a girl to do?  Methinks yoga download hip opening flow this evening.

HEALTHY

AM Snack:

amsnack  My first Vita-Top!  I bought these this weekend.  I got the banana nut flavor.  It was delicious!  I absolutely loved it and cannot wait to try other flavors!

Lunch:

lunch Randomness:  I had a bowl of leftover roasted broccoli and cauliflower from the previous night’s dinner and a grapefruit (which I ate orange style…never did this before).  I was going to have the Chobani and granola, but I was too full.  I wound up digging into the granola only and having just a bite or two of the yogurt. 

That’s my green tea hiding in the background.  My school only has styrofoam cups.  BUMM-ER.  It kills me a little inside every time I use one.

PM Snack:

pmsnack

I finished up the yogurt before I left school and then munched on these strawberries on the way home.  They don’t look too appetizing in this picture, but they were tasty.

Dinner:

P1020889I made my three bean turkey chili.  It was awesome as per usual.  A little spicy this time – but that’s the way (uh huh uh huh) I like it.

Dessert: 

P1020890I had a TJ’s soy creamy mini ice cream sandwich.  See those ice crystals in the upper right hand corner?  Yeah, I’ve had these since summer.  It still tasted good!

Thursday:

Breakfast: 

P1020891

I had a bowl of oat bran.  In the mix:

  • 1/3 cup oat bran
  • 1/3 cup each of water and almond milk
  • pinch of sea salt
  • splash of vanilla
  • cinnamon
  • mashed banana
  • spoonful of chocolate soynut butter (liked it much better as a mix-in than as a topping)
  • topped with plain Chobani

This was a tasty little bowl.  Not my favorite, but how could one compete with pumpkin and apple pie oats?  I mean, that’s just not fair.

It’s almost Friday!  Hooray!

SIG2

1 comments:

Nicci said...

Great video to start the day. I love that song and know every word of it. The one thing I havne't had this Fall...is chili. i love a big bowl of chili with lots of beans.