Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Favorite Running Weather

 FIT 

Yesterday afternoon/evening, I had such a nice outdoor run.  It was warmer than it has been, probably about 68, but with that nice fall crispness in the air.  I wore shorts and a longsleeved shirt.  It’s probably my favorite running apparel in my favorite running weather.  I was aiming for 4 miles (still haven’t purchased a new Nike+…note to self…do that this weekend!), but wound up stopping at 3.6, not because I was tired, but because I was home.

Distance:  3.6 miles
Time:  33:40
Avg. Pace:  9:21/mile

HEALTHY

AM Snack:  CLIF Chocolate Chip Zbar

Lunch:

lunch  Amy’s black bean and vegetable burrito.  This was SO delicious.  I didn’t even want to eat that naner so I could savor the burrito flavor in my mouth.  I’m getting more of these ASAP!  I also made a blunder and ate that naner after lunch when I had brought it for PM snack.  It was meant to be eaten slathered with PB.  I was supposed to eat strawberries with lunch.  Oh well.  I ate some berries anyway.

PM Snack:

pmsnack

I had this lowfat French vanilla yogurt in my fridge, so I swirled in some PB and crumbled some pretzels on top for a tasty snack.

Dinner:

P1020883

I made shrimp picatta over orzo and roasted broccoli and cauliflower.  My mother-in-law made this while we were visiting last month and I loved it, so she photocopied the recipe.  I think it’s from Family Circle.  I made a few healthy substitutions like Earth Balance for butter and cut the olive oil from two tablespoons to one.  I actually did the same with the Earth Balance.  It was delicious!  I have to say that roasting cruciferous veggies might be my new favorite thing.  Jillian Michaels would be proud.

After dinner I had a Heiny Light while watching the Yankees game and listening to Hubbers scream/clap with his loud manly clap/jump around a little bit.  He is a Yankee fan.  Could you tell?  I am NOT a Yankee fan.  I am a MET FAN.  But my team doesn’t make it to the playoffs, so I may as well root for NY!

  P1020886

Wednesday:

Breakfast:

P1020887

Pumpkin Pie oats:

  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup each water and almond milk
  • mashed banana
  • pumpkin pie spice
  • spoonful of pumpkin butter
  • topped with PB&Co Cinnamon Raisin Swirl PB

I tried to get all Jenny-like with my PB drizzle, but I couldn’t be patient.

Have a Happy Humpday!

SIG2

0 comments: