Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday Breakfast





This morning I made a delicious and healthy breakfast! I whipped up my standard whole wheat pancake recipe with a few twists:

  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 2 T Earth Balance
  • 1 cup Almond Breeze (unsweetened vanilla)
  • 1 T almond butter
  • 1/4 t vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup white flour
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 T raw cane sugar
  • 3 t baking powder
  • 1/4 t sea salt
  • 1/2 t cinnamon
  • 1 T ground flax
I mixed the ingredients and then decided to add about 1/2 cup blueberries for my pancakes...hubby requested no blues. I topped my pancakes with a sliced banana and some maple syrup. They were delicious and VERY filling. I will definitely be making this recipe again!

Today we're off to BJ's for some paper towels and a big crate of blueberries. Then to TJ's for our weekly gr
ocery shop.

Enjoy your Sunday!

My heart goes out to Meghann today. Even though she probably doesn't read this blog, I'm a reader of hers. I feel so sorry for the loss of her precious dog, Abbie. I hope she can find some comfort
during this difficult time. :(

0 comments: