Monday, August 3, 2009

Eager Beaver

Last night, around 6:00 pm, I made a huge personal record. I ran my first two mile run with sub-nine minute miles! I know that this is NOTHING compared to what most runners do on a regular basis for much longer distances, but it's a PR for me just the same and I'm proud of it! Here are the stats:

Distance: 2.0 miles
Time: 17:47

Avg. Pace: 8:53/mile
Calories: 199
(still an estimate...polar is still in the hospital)
Power-Through Song: "I Gotta Feeling" b
y Black Eyed Peas
I started my run with this song and it gave me soooo much energy! It's amazing what music can do for your workout!
Last night we finally got together for a family birthday celebration. I gave my brother his present, a giftcard to Jack Rabbit. My mom and I made stuffed shells a la Jenna. This is my FAVORITE stuffed shells recipe. However, I didn't photograph my delicious dinner. I had a mixed green salad and three shells. Then we had some birthday cake. I had a small piece.

This morning's breakfast was delish. I had some nonfat Greek yogurt, a squirt of agave, Kashi Heart 2 Heart, Nature's Path Vanilla Almond Flax Granola, and blues. This morning, I took a page out of Caitlin's book with the arrangement of my breakfast bowl.



Then I mixed it all up and enjoyed!

Today I'm off to my classroom. School doesn't start for over a month (yay!), so I know I'm being a total eager beaver, but I moved classrooms in June and want to see the condition of my new room. I'll get some work done. Slow and steady wins the race afterall!

I'm going to bring some snacks, but have a feeling that I'll be having lunch with some gals who are also being eager beavers. I also have a little Jillian Michaels planned for later on today. Time to get ready.

Enjoy the day!

0 comments: