Thursday, August 6, 2009

Rainy Day

In June, my principal retired. My district hired a new principal and last night there was a small meet and greet reception to welcome her. I'm glad to report she is VERY nice and will be a good fit at our school. I wasn't hungry from my big lunch with the girls, so I decided to throw together a yogurt bowl. I wanted to eat something since the reception was at 7:30 and I probably wouldn't get home until 9:00. The yogurt bowl was perfect.

In the mix was fat free greek yogurt (TJ's), the remains of the Kashi H2H with a little TJ's berry O's thrown in, Bear Naked Fit Triple Berry Crunch granola, blueberries and sliced almonds. I had it with a glass of seltz.

It held me over pretty well. When I got home there was a little rumble in my tummy. I had two Newman's Organic O's. Perfection.
I was feeling very yoga-ish last night, so I did some yoga for runners from YogaDownload. I hadn't done yoga in quite some time...not sure why. It felt great to do some downward dogs! It was a great workout day!
I overslept this morning. I wanted to get up early and go for a run, but woke up to rain anyway. I will put in some time on the treadmill later or see if the weather clears. I made a green monster.

In the mix:
  • organic baby spinach
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 T Amazing Meal
  • 1 T ground flax
  • 1 T peanut butter
It's been a while since I've had peanut butter in my monster. It added a nice sweetness!
Right now I'm sipping some orange blossom yerba mate tea. I am going to watch some dvr-ed shows and just relax today. I have some work to do for school also.

I have a question for any readers out there...

Does anyone have/know anything about the Shark steam mop?
I've heard mixed reviews and am thinking about buying one. Your thoughts and comments would be much appreciated! :)

Have a great afternoon!

0 comments: