Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Playing Catch Up!


Yesterday afternoon I did wind up going to the beach. I ate the other half of my peach from my green monster before leaving as a little snack. I packed a lunch to eat on the beach. It was quick grab things because my friend was on her way to pick me up. Out of the fridge:



And out of the pantry:
TJ's Temptint Trail Mix... I AM OBSESSED! It is a mix of cashews, almonds, peanuts, dark chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and dried cherries. Such an amazing combination of flavors!

It was a beautiful day at the beach. There wasn't a cloud in the sky! I relaxed, slathered on the SPF, soaked up the sun, and read:

This book is very interesting. I'll post a full review when I've finished. I can tell you that I'm learning A LOT!

When I got home from the beach, I had some Annie's Bunny Grahams. Dinner was out with two friends. I didn't photograph because I felt a little weird whipping out the camera at a table for three. I had a mozzarella caprese salad and chicken francese. I only ate one of the chicken cutlets. We also had some vino of course!

Despite getting a not-so-hot night of sleep last night, I woke up on the earlier side. I had a slice of cinnamon-raisin Ezekiel with peanut butter and bananas and a tall glass of water.
Then I did a little twittering, facebooking and blog-reading while I digested. My workout was next. I did "Shred" Level 3 and the lower body/core circuit of "No More Trouble Zones." It was a great workout! Afterwards, I refuled with a green monster.

Today's recipe was a little different. I omitted the almond butter since I had PB on my toast. It was light and refreshing sans butter!

In the mix:
  • organic baby spinach
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 1/2 peach
  • 1 T Amazing Meal
  • 1 T ground flax
  • 1 cup unsweetened Almond Breeze
Lunch today was out with friends at my favorite panini place. I split an arugula, sundried tomato, walnut and goat cheese salad and an eggplant, roasted red pepper and fresh mozzarella panini with one of my friends. (I've been doing the whole birthday catch up thing with friends and family lately hence all the eating out!)

You may have noticed I added a side bar with my workouts. I linked to "Shred" and "No More Trouble Zones" in case anyone's interested.

Enjoy the afternoon!



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh I can't wait to hear what you have to say about the book, I've been dying to read it.