Friday, August 7, 2009

Inspiration from Strangers

I'm going a little chronologically out of order today, but I wanted to share the meaning behind my title. I woke up this morning ready to run after yesterday's day of rest. I set out to run 5 miles. It was a beautiful morning. I took a new path and just enjoyed the scenery and the sunshine. Around mile 4 I decided I was going to make this a 6-miler. I was feeling great! I paused to walk for about 30 seconds at mile 5 because I had a little side stitch. There was an older man power-walking on the opposite side of the street. He yelled out "How many miles?" I held up five fingers. He said "five miles? Wow! That's great! I strive for 1 and a half, but I'm a lot older than you and it's getting hot!" I agreed that it was warmer than I thought. I told him I was shooting for one more mile. He said I was looking strong...not at all like I'd already run five miles and yelled out "You Go GIRL!" I mean how can you NOT run another mile after that? It felt great to get some encouragement from a total stranger! I've got to try to find him again! When I was through, my Nike+ iPod lady told me my stats. Then I heard Lance Armstrong's voice! He congratulated me on my longest workout so far! I know it's a pre-loaded message, but I've gotta tell you...I felt like a superstar! Here are my stats:

Distance: 6.02 miles
Time: 59:35
Avg. Pace: 9:52/mile
Calories: 599
Power Through Song: today's power through moment was my motivating friend!
Ok, I've got a lot of eats to catch up on! Let's start with yesterday's lunch:

A beastly salad of organic baby lettuce mix, shredded carrot, cuke, grape tomatoes, yellow bell pepper, sliced almonds, goat cheese and Annie's Goddess dressing. YUM! I also had a slice of Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin with Earth Balance and a dark chocolate square.

Afternoon snack yesterday was a little Tempting Trail Mix from TJ's. I cannot get enough of this stuff...seriously.

Dinner:
Another salad...same greens as lunch, carrots, tomatoes and Annie's balsamic.

Turkey burger...again (I know we just had these last week...they were so darn good)... and TJ's sweet potato frites.

I ate some frozen 'naner pieces for dessert.

Today's pre-run was:
Ezek with almond butter.

And post-run:
I had all intentions of making a green monster, but when I saw Jenna's post this morning, I changed my mind. Another inspiration! It was a multi-grain waffle sandwich with more almond butter and raspberry preserves. I had a baby dish of blues on the side and some Amazing Grass Berry SuperFood. I mixed it with half almond milk and half water.

I have a busy day of errands ahead and dinner with my cousin to meet her boyfriend tonight!

Enjoy the day all!




0 comments: