Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Dining Al Fresco

Last night's dinner was a long time coming.
I used the organic chicken from TJ's. They were full breasts, so I sliced them into cutlets. Then I seasoned them with salt, pepper, garlic powder and once they were on the grill, glazed them with this:
YUM! Sweet and spicy. I snapped a pic of the ingredient list, but my camera ate it. It's surprisingly decent. I also made up a cuke-tomato salad using cukes from my neighbor's organic garden. It's one of my favorite summer salads. So easy and refreshing! I also baked up two little (and I mean little) taters. I put some Earth Balance on mine. I also had a tall glass of seltz. We ate outside on the deck and chatted about our days.

Dinner may sound delightful, but...
Things got a little hairy! We have a charcoal grill. I know, it's a pain...but you can't beat the flavor! Hubbers lit that sucker early and it just took a REALLY long time for it to get hot. Here he is venting a little frustration.
Dessert was a TJ's mini soy ice cream sandwich.
I know I had planned to do some Shred yesterday, but I never got around to it. So last night, I did Bobbi's Mini Living Room Boot camp! I definitely worked up a sweat and felt good about the workout. It took me about 25 minutes...longer than Shred, so I guess I made out better!

I'd tell you my calorie burn, but my baby Polar is still in the hospital. I have to call to check up on her.

I'm so glad I replenished my spinach supply yesterday so I could start my day with a green monster. Today's blend included:
  • organic baby spinach
  • 1/2 organic peach
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
  • 1 T raw almond butter
  • 1 T Amazing Meal Original
  • 1 T ground flax
It was one of the best monsters I've had! Loved the peach flavor!
I took it out on the deck and soaked up a little sun because "sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy!"

I also had a cup of Orange Blossom Yerba Mate.

And here's a little something extra for your viewing pleasure. He just looked so darn cute.


I think I'll head over to the beach today with my new Jillian book. Enjoy your day!



1 comments:

April said...

Baaaaaaailey!!!!!!! Love him. :) I'm also loving Marcelo making an appearance on here. This green monster thing...I can't know about it. You are way more disciplined than me sister.