Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hot town, Summer in the City

FIT

P1020553

Yesterday, I took my bike out for my first official spin.  I biked 10.5 miles and loved every second of it!

Distance:  10.5 miles
Time:  51:16
Max HR:  158
Avg. HR:  138
Calories:  379 (50% fat)

HEALTHY LUNCH  (Saturday) P1020547

Yesterday’s lunch was thrown together completely off the cuff.  I had some leftover whole wheat spaghetti from dinner the other night.  I decided to whip up a quick peanut sauce and add some veggies for a tasty lunch.  For the sauce, I whisked together a little less than a tablespoon of peanut butter, some soy sauce, a splash of water and a squirt of agave.  Then I tossed the noodles with the sauce and some shredded carrots, broccoli slaw and thinly sliced red peppers.  It was yum!

P1020550

“Dessert” was bunny grahams. P1020554

Post-bike snack was a cookie.  Mumsy and Bro called to see if we wanted to grab a quick bite with them, so I didn’t really eat a big snack.

DINNER (Saturday)

We went to a great ale house for a quick dinner.  They are well-known for their wings, so we got a plate to share as an appetizer.

IMG00305-20090822-1830  Apparently I couldn’t wait to eat them!

My dinner was a salad with blackened chicken.  It was a beast.  I ate about half.

IMG00306-20090822-1845

BREAKFAST (Sunday)

P1020556

I made some French toast using egg whites, almond milk, vanilla and cinnamon.  I dunked two slices of Ezekiel raisin bread for me and plain for Hubbers.  I had mine with some sliced strawberries and cantaloupe.  It was the perfect Sunday breakfast.

MORNING SNACK (Sunday)

We don’t need to go there with a pic…it was about 7 or 8 TJ’s PB-filled pretzels. 

LUNCH (Sunday)

P1020558

My leftover salad from yesterday.  I had to have some ranch dressing.  Theirs is delicious.  I know it’s not my healthiest choice, but oh well. P1020559

I also had a piece of Mumsy’s leftover quesadilla.  It was filled with grilled veggies.  It’s another of my favorite dishes from that restaurant.

P1020560Look at those delicious veggies!  I peeled some of the cheese out due to my lactose intolerance.  I didn’t want to take a lactaid as this was not enough to warrant a whole pill and I would wind up getting a stomach ache.

FUN

Last night we went into the city (NYC) for a friend’s birthday party.  I was a little slow and didn’t check my camera battery before going out.  I’ll have to wait for my friends to post some pics to share.  The party was at a rooftop bar and it was so humid and sticky.  We had fun, but wound up catching the earlier train option since it was so hot.  Early meaning 12:40 am…I guess not so early.  I had 3 cocktails – vodka sodas with splash of cranberry.  My fave.  These pics are from when we got home…explains the shininess.

IMG_2384 There’s the outfit…it’s kind of bad light, but you get the idea.  It was past 1:30 am and I was self-timing.

IMG_2385

Hubbers and I are heading to TJ’s in a bit.  Woo HOOO!

SIG2

0 comments: