Wednesday, October 28, 2009

On the Edge

Good morning!  I have to say that I think I’ve been on the edge of a really nasty cold for a few days, but have been successfully fighting it off with this little cocktail:

P1020911

A multi-vitamin and Emergen-C.  Is 1200 mg in supplemental vitamin C too much?  I think I’m od-ing a little bit.  The other pill is grapeseed extract, which has nothing to do with colds, but does have to do with a beautiful complexion ;)

I just googled too much vitamin C and read an article from the Mayo clinic.  I am definitely od-ing.  Especially since I get a good amount of vitamin C from my diet.  Oh well…a few more days won’t hurt I guess.  I’ll just have Emergen-pee (no?)

Monday was hot yoga day.  I think it was hotter than usual though.  I definitely felt like I might puke once or twice.  A few others in the class said the same.  I took Tuesday off due to aforementioned “almost-cold.”

Here’s a peek at some eaties:

Sunday Dinner:

sdinner

At Momma’s house… roasted chicken (no skin), green beans, mashed taters, butternut squash, stuffing and cranberry sauce.  It was a veritable feast and I was STUFFED!

Monday:

Breakfast:

P1020910

Oats in a jar…a jar that really had a little too much left to be used for this purpose!  My oats contained: 

  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup almond milk/water
  • cinnamon
  • mashed naner

Snack:  CLIF ZBar

Lunch:

mlunch

Lentil vegetable soup, whole wheat pita and an apple.

Snack:

mpmsnack

Peach-flavored Chobani

Dinner:

We ordered takeout since my yoga class started and ended a little later than usual and I didn’t get home until 7.  I picked up this beauty on the way:

P1020913

tomato, mozzarella, basil and balsamic panini.  Heaven.

Tuesday:

Breakfast:

P1020914

Cranberry apple oats – In the mix;

  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup almond milk/water
  • mashed nana
  • cranberry apple butter
  • craisins
  • topped with Mighty Maple PB

Snack:  CLIF ZBar

Lunch:

tlunch

Black bean soup, a grapefruit and…

 donut

oh former students and your birthdays…you will be the end of me!  I couldn’t resist this donut.  I was hangry.  It was tasty.  I was good and didn’t eat my whole wheat pita with my soup.  That’s a good substitution, right?

Snack:

   pmsnack  Honeycrisp with PB

Dinner:    P1020915Penne with turkey meat sauce and roasted Brussels sprouts

 

Well it’s class trip day to the news studio.  It’s rainy and gross.  Lucky us…

SIG2

1 comments:

Nicci said...

hope you feel better. I drink my Emergen-c every night before bed.I'm not sick anymore but I'm trying to get enough vitamins and make my immune system Strong.