Thursday, February 11, 2010

Itching to Blog

Maybe it's the two days I've spent snowed in at home and the cabin fever I've developed, but I really have been thinking a lot about getting back into the blog. I really do enjoy blogging and think it keeps me accountable for my diet and exercise. I think, when I first started the blog (over the summer when I was off from work) I had some unrealistic expectations for myself. I'm not a writer, I work full time and I'm just not an established blogger. Posting all of my meals and exercise is just NOT a format that works for me. It's too much pressure and makes having a blog seem like work. While that is awesome for some bloggers (and I'm grateful because it keeps my Google reader pumped up with awesomeness), it's just not for me.

So new format. I will post food. But I will only post new and interesting or delicious things that I eat and feel I must share.

I will post exercise. But this is not my workout log.

On to regularly scheduled blogging...

I am glad to say that I've just begun training for my first half marathon. I'm almost done with week one!

I hopped on the treadmill this afternoon to complete my scheduled three miles, but had a lot of pain in my back. I'm not sure if it's from trying to pick up the pace in yesterday's 2 miles, tons of snow shoveling or a combination of both, but I couldn't make it happen. I did some yoga download "Yoga for Backs" (30 minutes) to ease the pain and plan on making up the run tomorrow or Saturday. You can take a peek of my plan below:



It just so happens that I also had some pretty epic eats today.



I nuked a small golden delicious apple with cinnamon and brown sugar and topped it with whipped banana oats with flax and more cinnamon.

Dinner was also a new and tasty creation:


Tilapia dredged in almond meal with chu chu cheetahs and baby arugula and tomato drizzled with lemon juice and olive oil. The tilapia went a little like this:



TJ's ground almond meal
Egg whites

Dredging

I heated 1 1/2 tablespoons of canola oil in a nonstick pan and let it do its thing.
Delish.

Well there we go. Don't know when you'll hear from me next and I like it that way! ;)

2 comments:

Nicci said...

I love blogging for that reason too, helps keep me in check with eating right but also tracking everything. I like to do it for fun and meet new people.

Anonymous said...

interesting post. I would love to follow you on twitter.