Thursday, December 3, 2009

Back on Track

It’s been almost a month since my last post! I can’t believe it!

I’ve been a little busy with my friend’s wedding

P1030004

and planning my high school reunion,

which are both now over and were successes – hooray! In the time period of November 10 – December 2 there was also a race run by yours truly. It was a 5 mile turkey trot on Thanksgiving day.

Now it’s on to Christmas hustle and bustle. Before that, though, it’s time to get back on track. Last night I finally felt better after battling a disgusting cold and cough. I decided to lace up the sneaks and get moving. I did the ab exercises from Angela’s Whittle My Middle challenge. I did not get on board with this challenge right away, but I’m LOVING these moves. My abs are nice and sore this morning. Just how I like it.

I also hopped on the treadmill and did 5 minute alternating intervals of walking at 4.0 at a 12% incline (my treadmill’s max) and jogging at 6.0 at 2%. I did about 30 minutes…not wanting to over-do it since there’s still a trace of icky cough down in my lungs. It did feel GREAT to break a sweat and get moving though!

Here is how I am getting back on track with food:

P1030085

Dinner: Meet Hugh (middle name Jass, last name salad). I mixed up some organic herb greens, baby spinach, a chopped carrot, baby heirloom tomatoes, crumbled goat cheese, sliced almonds, a sesame flatbread and some Annie’s balsamic. YUM!

I reunited with an old friend for breakfast:

P1030087

There’s nothing like it…

  • tons of organic baby spinach
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 T Amazing Meal
  • 1 T almond butter
  • 1 T ground flax

My body is saying thank you. Then I packed my lunch for today:

P1030088Homemade lentil soup (organic pink lentils, carrot, onion, celery, garlic, diced tomatoes, organic chicken broth and water) – I made a Hugh Jass pot of this on Monday night when I felt like death. I also packed a stoneground whole wheat dinner roll and an apple. I also plan on snacking on some baby carrots and hummus in my fridge at work.

I shall throw in a CLIF Zbar for good measure as a morning snack as well.

Well that is it, ladies and gentlemen! I’m on my way back to my healthy self!

2 comments:

Ami Albert said...

Mmm I love the breakfast you had... I'm going to have to try that tomorrow ( I have all of those things which rarely happens!)

Like the blog, just stumbled upon it!

:)

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can phrase that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is even now a question as you did in the downgrade publication of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=awicons pro 9.4.0 ?
I noticed the phrase you have in the offing not used. Or you profit by the dark methods of helping of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg