Friday, October 9, 2009

Off the Wagon

 

I am so off the wagon with exercise this week.  I can’t believe it!  This afternoon, I have to be back!  My running shoes are calling my name!  I think I just needed a break this week.  Oh well…life goes on…

HEALTHY

Wednesday:

Snack/Lunch:

Snack was a mini CLIF bar (PB Crunch)

Lunch107

Lunch was leftover butternut squash soup and a whole wheat Arnold’s thin.

apple107

I also had an organic gala apple with peanut butter.  This actually came first in my lunch. 

  chocolate107

I also made a lunch-time run to Trader Joe’s and, while waiting to check out, found a box of 100 calorie 70% dark chocolate bars.  How fantastic!  I had to bust into one in the car.

I skipped afternoon snack due to craziness at work.

Dinner: 

P1020815

My favorite pizza (you’ve seen this many a time before) – thin crust with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, basil and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.

P1020816

Some grapes for dessert

Thursday:

Breakfast:

P1020817

A fantastical bowl of oats – in the mix:

  • 1/2 cup Irish oats
  • 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup water
  • cinnamon
  • mashed banana
  • spoonful of pumpkin butter
  • dollop of vanilla Chobani on top

Snack/Lunch:

Snack was a mini CLIF. 

I was still hungry for some reason, so I busted into a Balance bar – crack cookie dough flavor.

thin108

Lunch was an AB&SFS (almond butter and superfruit spread) on a whole wheat Arnold’s thin along with…

 lunch108

a tasty grapefruit.  I had also packed a yogurt, but wasn’t hungry due to my balance bar.

Snack:

I had my afterschool book-club with the kiddies yesterday.  I did something I hadn’t done since elementary school.  I brought a bowl of milk and dry cereal to snack on.  It was fantastic.  Let me just explain.  When I was a child (and still a little bit) I was the pickiest eater on Earth.  I, still after 28 years of life, have never eaten a sandwich with coldcuts.  I know.  Also, my first PB&J was in my twenties.  I had something against sandwiches.  My poor mother had to make me lunch every day, so I would bring milk in a bowl and dry cereal.  Sometimes I would even get a little crazy and buy a milk at school.  I was a weird kid.  I know.   Moving right along…

Dinner:

Tonight I was making spaghetti and turkey meatballs.  I figured since I was in the kitchen and banging around pots and pans anyway, that I’d make a big ole batch of soup to last me through the long weekend and then some.  I made pasta e fagioli (pasta and beans)

P1020819

Basically, I sauteed some finely diced carrot, celery and onion in a little olive oil.  I added some garlic, salt and pepper, two cans-o-beans, a quart of chicken broth, a touch of tomato sauce and 2 cups of water.  When it came to a boil, I added 2 cups of ditalini pasta and let it cook in the broth.

P1020821

Steamy goodness.  I may or may not have scorched my tongue while sampling this bowl of wonder.

While all this was going on, I made some turkey meatballs and Ronzoni Smart Taste spaghetti.

P1020822

Mama Mia!  Talk about comfort food!

Friday (!!!)

Breakfast:

P1020823

Since I was so low on the veggie count yesterday, I knew I needed some veggies for breakfast.  I also wanted cereal.  Enter “Green Monster Lite".  I made a green monster with just spinach, almond milk, 1/2 frozen banana and a few frozen peach slices.  It was more juicy than smoothie-ish.  Not nearly as filling as a regular green monster…which left room for my PB Puffins :)

Well, I’m off to see what Friday has in store for me.  Hubbers is going to visit a friend in Kentucky this weekend and is leaving today :(  I will miss him for sure, but have a busy weekend ahead of me!

SIG2

0 comments: