Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Emotionally Drained

Yesterday was another emotionally draining day.  Without going into too much detail and for privacy reasons, I will tell you that we had grief counselors available at school yesterday…for the children.  I think you can probably figure out the tragedy that our school family has been dealing with the past two days. 

Without saying much more, I came home from work yesterday, later than usual and caught up with some friends on the phone while I was supposed to be running.  I just didn’t have the physical strength to lace up my running sneaks.  After a dinner out with my mom, I crashed on the couch around 8.  Hubbers woke me up at 8:30 and I went to bed.  This morning I woke up early in the hopes of getting my run in since my afternoon and evening are jam-packed, but I couldn’t get myself out of bed.  I think my body just needed rest.  I think I’ll survive a few days without exercise.

On to my eats for yesterday:

 HEALTHY

Snack:

snack  I busted into it in the car on the way to work.  Clearly those Puffins didn’t do it for me!

Lunch: 

lunch

I had a TJ’s vanilla Greek yogurt with pumpkin flax granola, two “Fig Newmans” and an organic gala apple.

Snack/Dinner:

PM snack was TJ’s “Tempting Trailmix.”

dinner2

We went out for dinner to the ale house I’ve mentioned a few times.  I had a Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale, the salad (3/4 eaten) above and 1/2 of the bowl of butternut squash soup below.  I saved the other half of the soup for lunch today.  I love having lunch figured out the night before!

dinner1

Wednesday:

Breakfast:

P1020812I whipped up a green monster in the hopes it will give me the energy I need today!  In the mix:

  • organic baby spinach
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 T almond butter
  • 1 T ground flax
  • 1 T Amazing Meal
  • frozen peach slices
  • 1/2 frozen banana

Well here’s to a new day.  This afternoon I have to attend a service and have a doctor’s appointment at 6:00.  It’s going to be a late night!  

SIG2

0 comments: