Sunday, September 6, 2009

Project Day

Saturday was project day for Hubbers and me. We had a bunch of stuff to do around the house and decided we were going to tackle it all on Saturday so the rest of our weekend was free.

FUN AND HEALTHY

Here was my pre-project fuel:

Breakfast:

P1020643a bowl of creamy oatbran.

In the mix:

  • 1/3 cup oatbran
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 pinch sea salt
  • 1 mashed banana
  • buttload of cinnamon
  • drip drop of vanilla
  • topped with raw almond butter and freeze dried blueberries

So creamy and delicious!

Then it was time to start the projects.

Observe the happy couple on the day they closed on their home:

prof 002

Observe the beautifully crafted custom front door in the hideous wood finish that blends in with the house. No pop. We are pop people. Something had to be done. Also, observe the nasty trim on the outside of the door. Peeling and yucky.

P1020644

So, I taped that sucker up.

P1020645

This scary guy started scraping and sanding the trim.

P1020646

Primed and ready for some pop

Lunch Break: P1020647 Multi-grain wrap stuffed with hummus, organic baby arugula, shredded carrots, cukes and tomatoes with a side of sliced kiwi.

P1020648

While waiting for the primer to dry, I soaked up some sun on the deck, read Fitness and then did another quick thing:

P1020649 This curtain rod was hanging on for dear life so I popped some anchors in the wall and re-hung it. Much better!

Now for some glossiness:

P1020653

Let’s re-visit the boring before:prof 002

and the glossy glamorous after:

P1020650

While I was at it, I spray painted the mailbox black to match:

P1020651

Someone was trying to get in on the action all day. Look at that nice smooth and consistently white trim! The paper was still on because I had to give it another coat this morning. I can’t close the door yet because it’s not completely dry, so you’ll have to wait until tomorrow to see the final product. P1020652

Other projects that were completed on this day-o-projects were Hubbers recaulking the tub and fixing a few loose cabinet doors. We were busy little homeowners.

Dinner was at my mom’s for a BBQ with aunts and uncles. I had a piece of grilled chicken, salad and corn on the cob. Also a slice of chocolate chip loaf cake for dessert.

Breakfast: P1020654 I decided to try the famous Breakfast Cookie a la Fitnessista Gina. In honor of the aforementioned genius, I will say it “rocked my face off.” Yesterday I combined:

  • 1/3 cup of oats
  • 1 T raw almond butter
  • 1/8 cup almond milk
  • 1 smashed banana
  • buttload of cinnamon
  • squirt of agave
  • drip of vanilla

Spread it all on a plate and set in the fridge overnight. This morning I topped it with some plain Chobani yogurt and sliced strawberries.

P1020655 How cute is that mini berry on top of the yogurt?

So, so good. Hubbers was even jealous. He was sad that I didn’t ask him if he wanted one yesterday. He tasted mine and wants one next time I make it. He requests cocoa powder. Yum.

Snack:

P1020656 I had the rest of my plain Chobani from this morning with some TJ’s superfruit spread mixed in. Divine.

P1020660

I also had this fruit strip.

Hubbers had a snack of pb toast and finished his pb. Some people would save this for oat-making. I gave it to someone special:

P1020657 P1020658 P1020659He went to town. I had to snatch it away and save some for another day. He was a happy boy.

I am off to get a mani/pedi because we have a wedding later today. I am wearing a super-cute new dress. I’ll be sure to take pics! Enjoy your Sunday!

SIG2

1 comments:

Fitnessista said...

beautiful bfast cookie! it looks amazing!
thank you for the lovely shout out :D
have a great day <3