Thursday, September 3, 2009

I Pampered Myself

 FIT

I am glad to say that today’s 4 miles were faster than Tuesday’s.  Even though I was struggling to breathe through a stuffy nose!

Distance:  4.02 miles
Time:  37:42
Avg. Pace:  9:21/mile
Max HR:  184 bpm
Avg. HR:  171 bpm
Calories:  425 (25% fat)

I was quite pleased with this run.  It was a hilly route, so that made me extra proud!

When I got home, I was feeling yoga-y so I did some Yoga Download – Gentle Hatha.  It was just what my body needed.  So relaxing and rejuvenating.    

I love Jenny’s idea of dedicating 10 minutes a day to yoga during the month of September since it is National Yoga Month.  It’s especially good for all of us teachers going back to work this month ;)

 HEALTHY

Today was a day of well-photographed eats.  Let’s begin.

Breakfast:

P1020627_thumb

Green Monster

In the mix:

  • organic baby spinach
  • last of the light chocolate soy milk
  • 1 frozen ‘nana
  • 1 T almond butter
  • 1 T Amazing Meal
  • 1 T ground flax

Oh Amazing Grass, please cure me of my cold!

Snack:

P1020628

Green grapes right out of the container because I’m Klassy like that.  (Yes, the K is on purpose…classy with a k takes on a whole new meaning!)

Lunch:

P1020629

Leftover whole wheat rotini from the other night’s dinner with some organic tomato sauce.

 P1020630

and an apple.

Snack:

Two TJ’s dark chocolate almond cookies

Dinner:

P1020631A slice of my favorite pizza…thin crust with fresh mozz, tomato and basil drizzled with balsamic vinegar.  

FUN

Tonight I went to a Pampered Chef party at a friend/coworker’s house.  Another friend/coworker just became a consultant, so we all wanted to get her off on the right foot by buying lots of kitchen shizz.

Here’s the loot I bought:

A paring knife

a mini spatula (I like mini things)

“Mix & Chop” – will come in handy when breaking up ground turkey for chili!

and some saute tongs because they were fun to play with.

All of these fancies are available on Pampered Chef’s website.  They do make great products!  I’m excited to get all of my goodies!

My bed is screaming my name, so it’s time.  Hubbers has a job interview tomorrow…wish him good luck!

Night!

SIG2

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of Pampered Chef! It seems like a fun event. I need better knives. I always struggle cutting veggies...esp sweet potatoes!

Unknown said...

They make great stuff. It's fun to go to the parties. They do cooking demos with the products and as the guests, you get to eat it!

Unknown said...

What a great pace!! Nice work Andrea!

Unknown said...

Thank you...I'm trying! :)