Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Virtual Hardware

FIT

I made my goal today!

 

Those are my “virtual medals” for completing 2 goals for August (2 weeks ahead of time!!) – to run more often (11 runs in 4 weeks) and to run faster (5 runs under 9:33/mile). 

So glad I did it!  Tonight’s run was a good one!

Distance:  3.02 miles
Time:  28:02
Avg. Pace:  9:18/mile
Max HR:  181 bpm
Avg. HR: 173 bpm
Calories:  325 (25% fat)
Power Through Song:  “Show Me What I’m Looking For” by Carolina Liar

I’ve set new goals for frequency of runs, pace and mileage.  I am also part of two challenges – run a half marathon in a week (I’m .18 miles away from finishing…wish I knew that on tonight’s run!) and run 50 km in one month.  I’m in 7th place for both right now out of 40 or so participants.  I just L.O.V.E. Nike+!

HEALTHY

I’ve got a swarm of food to update since I didn’t post yesterday.  We’ll start with yesterday’s meals.

P1020510
Breakfast 8/17 – Green Monster

  • organic baby spinach
  • chocolate lite soy milk
  • frozen banana
  • 1 T peanut butter
  • 1 T Amazing Meal
  • 1 T ground flax

P1020512
Mid-Morning Snack 8/17 – plum

P1020514
Lunch 8/17 – Oikos honey Greek yogurt with Bear Naked Fit Triple Berry Crunch

AND

P1020515
TJ’s Pita Bite crackers with hummus

P1020516
Afternoon Snack 8/17 – TJ’s Fiberful mixed berry bar

P1020518
Dinner 8/17 – Whole wheat organic pasta with…

  • zucchini
  • summer squash
  • asparagus
  • carrots
  • grape tomatoes
  • broccoli
  • red onion
  • garlic
  • balsamic vinaigrette
  • goat cheese

I have to just say, this was MUY BUENO! 

P1020519 
Breakfast 8/18 – Oikos vanilla Greek yogurt, Kashi H2H, strawberries, blueberries, sprinkle of hemp granola and ground flax

P1020520
Mid-Morning Snack 8/18 – Tazo Om tea and TJ’s peanut butter filled unsalted pretzels… a bunch of the girls from the Healthy Living Summit got these in Boston and reminded me that they existed.  They are so yummy!

Lunch 8/18 – Leftover pasta from last night…the lunch pic just didn’t do it justice.

P1020522 
Afternoon Snack – 8/18 – Starbucks decaf iced coffee w/ soy milk and this apple.

Dinner 8/18 – SUSHI!  We went out and I got miso soup, had 1 1/2 vegetarian gyoza, a salad with ginger dressing and a shrimp tempura roll with avocado.  DELISH!

Now I’m all caught up.  Aaaahhh.  I can go bask in my medaled glory and start working on some new goals.  I’m going to take a shower and read about some hormones with my pal Jillian.

Night!

SIG2

0 comments: