Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Runner Bummer

I love to run. Running brings a lot of highs - beating a previous time, tackling a challenging route, running your farthest distance, that great endorphin kick. With those highs, though, have to come some lows. I've been feeling great on my runs lately. Today was not my day. I know everyone has an off day once in a while. Perhaps doing that crazy trouble zones video last night at 8:45 and running this morning at 7:45 was not the best combination because my body and my legs were just not feeling it. Here are my craptastic stats:

Distance: 2.5 miles
Time: 24:18
Avg. Pace: 9:43/mile
Calories: 248 (30% fat)
Max HR: 177
Avg HR: 167

There was no power through song today because I did not power through. I've got to do some yoga later today to refocus and try again tomorrow!

Pre-run I had some Ezekiel cinnamon raisin toast with some Earth Balance and a large glass of water.

I made a post-run green monster before my run, but wasn't hungry for it when I returned. I walked the pup, took a cool shower and went to the dentist. After getting my pearly whites cleaned to gleaming perfection, I came home and had my monster.


It was a banana berry green monster.
In the mix:
  • organic baby spinach
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 2 handfuls blueberries
  • 4 sliced strawberries
  • 1 T almond butter
  • 1 T ground flax
  • 1 T Amazing Meal
It was tasty! I have a few phone calls to make and am going to do some cleaning today. Enjoy the day!

0 comments: