Monday, August 31, 2009

Om Sweet Om/Off to the Races

Sorry for my going AWOL. I mentioned on Thursday that we’d be going out of town, but never got back to it. We left Friday afternoon and I had all intentions of posting, but never got to it. We’ll recap in a bit. Let’s get some housekeeping out of the way, shall we? FIT

Thursday night I did some Yoga Download – Power Yoga donation class, which was 50 glorious minutes.

Did you know I have my own in-home yoga studio? Never mind the computer desk. I have to say though, a cool late-summer breeze coming through those sliding doors while squatting in eagle pose for a few breaths too many does a body good.

P1020602

My instructor is available whenever I’m in the mood…

P1020603

My private studio also asked me to model for them…I was flattered of course.

P1020610

On Friday, some inklings of Hurricane Danny hit us and it rained all day. I was forced inside on the treadmill. This was a blessing in disguise, though, because I worked in some speed to my scheduled five mile run and ran it a helluva lot faster than I would have outside. Check these glamorous stats:

Distance: 5.01 miles
Time: 43:50
Avg. Pace: 8:44/mile
Max HR: 186 bpm
Avg. HR: 167 bpm
Calories: 552 (25% fat)

I was pretty pleased. I also worked on my breathing and was maintaining a pretty low heart rate for a lot of my run. Spiking to 186 bpm during a sprint will throw your average though.

I haven’t worked out since Friday. I helped a friend set up her classroom today and that was probably enough workout for a week or so. However, I have a run scheduled tomorrow.

HEALTHY

Here are some sporadic eats from Friday and Monday. I didn’t take any pics over the weekend. Quite frankly, some eats were fantastic, but some…well let’s just say I’m glad I wasn’t with people I felt comfy photographing in front of. Some of that food got ugly.

FRIDAY

Breakfast:

P1020613

Kashi H2H with strawberries, blueberries, half a banana and almond milk

Lunch:

P1020617

Leftover quinoa salad with lemon, olive oil, zucchini and tomato

Snack:

snack828

Organic fugi apple

Dinner-ish…

bucks828

Starbucks grande soy earl grey latte

dinner828 AB&J on Ezekiel with a grapefruit

beer828 Blue Moon and Time Traveler’s Wife

WEEKEND

Lots of crazy stuff…

MONDAY

Breakfast

P1020618 Green Monster

In the Mix:

  • Chocolate light soy milk
  • organic baby spinach
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 T peanut butter
  • 1 T Amazing Meal
  • 1 T ground flax

Lunch & Snack

Not pictured…CLIF Zbar and panini with fresh mozzarella, balsamic, roasted red peppers and basil.

Dinner

P1020619

Amy’s low in sodium Minestrone soup (the whole can) and a slice of Ezekiel

FUN

So for the weekend we went to Saratoga Springs, NY. It was the big horse-racing weekend there and our neighbor is a horse trainer. Therefore, they hike up to ‘toga each summer and we go spend a weekend with them. We bet on some ponies. We lost all of our bets. It rained. We ate a lot of food. I drank a good amount of wine. We had one fabulous dinner out and an even more fabulous Sunday brunch. I was a loser and took zero pictures. I’ll get better at this…give me time. We took Amtrak back and forth from Penn Station in NYC. Hence the weird dark dinner pics.

Now it’s back to the grind and it’s back to school wake-up practice week for me. It’s the week when I start waking up earlier and earlier day by day to adjust my body so it doesn’t freak out next Tuesday when I start work. Today was 7:00 am. I did it, but didn’t get out of bed until 7:30 am. Tomorrow’s goal is 7:00 am with a run in the morning. Fingers crossed. I’m exhausted beyond words at this moment, so I bid you adieu.

0 comments: