Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Got 'Em

This morning I was determined to do those 3 miles in a respectable time. And I got 'em! Here are the stats:

Distance: 3.01 miles
Time: 28:29
Avg. Pace: 9:27/mile
Calories: 301
Max HR: 183 bmp
Avg. HR: 171 bmp
Power Through Song: "Show Me What I'm Looking For" Carolina Liar

I realized today that my heart rate is climbing higher than it should. I'm pretty sure this has something to do with the heat. It is around 90 degrees today afterall. I slowed to a walk twice to do some deep breathing and lower my heart rate. It worked pretty well. I guess I have to work on my breathing a bit.

After my run, I was schweaty. Since so many bloggers are doing this, I thought I would let you see just how schweaty:

Yeah baby. No makeup and sweat dripping. Posted for all the internet to see. I recharged with one of these:

Dang. It was amazing. Only 60 calories, more potassium than a banana, five vital electrolytes and all natural? Sign me up!

Oh yeah, there was a pre-run snack in there also:

Breakfast was a green monster.


Today's combo was a new one - my cherry almond green monster. It was DELICIOUS!

In the mix:
  • organic baby spinach
  • 1/2 frozen bananas
  • about 8 rainier cherries
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 T almond butter
  • 1 T ground flax
  • 1 T Amazing Meal
I can't tell you how good it was. I will definitely have this combo again!

I tipped the cup of my bullet over and spilled Amazing Grass all over me this morning while making it. Good thing number 2 on my to-do list is clean the kitchen!

0 comments: