Thursday, October 29, 2009

Opinions Needed!

If you don’t care what I ate yesterday and just want to know why I need your help, scroll down.

Breakfast:

P1020916

Pumpkin pie oats – In the mix:

  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup each water and almond milk
  • 1/2 mashed nana
  • vanilla extract
  • pumpkin pie spice
  • pumpkin butter
  • topped with cinnamon raisin swirl PB

Snack:  Chocolate brownie CLIF Zbar

Lunch:

image This is a pic from the other day, but my lunch was exactly the same.  I added 1/2 cup strawberries today because I am obsessed with vitamin C.

Dinner:

P1020928

I ate in two shifts because I was hungry and didn’t want to wait to eat my salad!  I had organic baby spinach with sliced grape tomatoes drizzled with Annie’s balsamic vinaigrette.

The main event was shrimp and quinoa…totally lacking color without that salad!

P1020930I marinated the shrimp in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and red pepper flakes and served it with quinoa cooked in organic, low sodium chicken broth.

I was a bottomless pit last night and ate some “Fig Newmans” and then stole some of Hubber’s Starbursts. 

For a little exercise last night, I did about 20-25 minutes of P90X Yoga X dvd.  I remembered that Hubbers had this when I saw it on Angela’s blog yesterday.  I dug it out and popped that bad boy in.  It was definitely challenging.  I really enjoyed it and will be doing it again in the near future.

I think that my running sneakers (purchased the other day – find out about them here) might be too big.  I did the stupid thing and went online to read reviews and many of the reviews said that the toe box was too wide, especially for narrow feet.  Well my feet are quite narrow and now I’m feeling like they’re no good.  I’m going to try to run in them again today and see what I think.  I can exchange this weekend if I’m not happy, which is great.

Ok…now I need some help.

I have a friend’s bachelorette party coming up.  I bought a skirt last weekend and have the top, shoes and accessories all picked out.  I’m just having trouble with the tights situation. 

Option 1:  no tights…just legsP1020919 Option 2:  Zig Zag tights  P1020922  Close-up.  I know they’re crooked on my right leg…I didn’t care enough to fix them.P1020924 Option 3:  Opaque tights

P1020925 I would NOT wear these stirrup tights.  These are just an example of black opaque.  I look enough like a ballerina without stirrups.  These tights are a little infamous…holla if you know them!

P1020927 So that’s all blog readers.  I know you’re out there (my sitemeter tells me so) so it’s time to come out of the wood work and help a sista out.  Which do you like best?  Leave a comment and let me know!

SIG2

3 comments:

Kat Graz said...

I'm digging the zigzag tights!! Oh the memories the stirrup tights bring up!! :)

ClaireBear said...

Go for the zigzag tights! They keep the outfit from looking too ballerina and are simply lovely!

April said...

I just need to shout out here about the stirrups! HOLLA! HA Oh the memories. I pretty much adore the zigzags though.