Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Love My Green!

Today was a very GREEN day.  I started the day with a green monster and broke into my Amazing Grass samples and tried a Green SuperFood Chocolate Energy Bar:

P1020729As you’ll see below, I had half for an a.m. snack and half for a p.m. snack.  This bar was awesome!  It was chewy, but hearty with a chocolatey coating that was very satisfying.  Only half of this baby kept me satiated until lunch time.  I LOVE that it’s all-natural source of energy as opposed to some other bars out there on the market.  Two-thumbs up for this one, Amazing Grass!

Hubs also wanted to get in on the taste-testing.  He asked if he could sample a bar and share his thoughts.  He tried the chocolate peanut butter protein bar. 

{picture courtesy of Amazing Grass}

He’s a lot more skeptical of products like this, so I was interested in his feedback.  When I called him on my way home from work, he was glad to tell me that he loved the bar.  He thought it tasted great! 

Now if you’re like me and hear great reviews about healthy products and you want some Amazing Grass right now (if you haven’t tried it already), today is your lucky day!  Amazing Grass is offering Fit Healthy Fun readers a 15% discount on their products.  Just type in HEALTHY09 at checkout to receive your 15% discount!  I can’t wait to share more reviews with you.  Also, keep your eyes peeled, because you just might be able to win some grass of your very own!FIT

Today was an off/cross-training day from my running schedule.  Feeling inspired by watching the Biggest Loser last night (how good was it??), I popped in No More Trouble Zones and did the first 5 circuits. 

HEALTHY

Breakfast:

P1020726 Green monster:

In the mix:

  • organic baby spinach
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 T organic peanut butter
  • 1 T ground flax
  • 1 T Amazing Meal

Snack/Lunch:

    IMG00365-20090916-0903 I had half of a Chocolate Superfood bar

IMG00366-20090916-1209 My mini-ninis (that’s my new name for them) that I made last night.  Ciabatta, fresh mozzarella, roma tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper

IMG00367-20090916-1220 Grapes from my classroom fridge stash

Snack/Dinner:

Snack was the other half of my bar.

Dinner was sushi

IMG00368-20090916-1837 Salad and miso soup

IMG00369-20090916-1849 vegetarian gyoza (x4)

shrimpshrimp tempura roll…delicious!

 

Also, “Healthy” related, I went for my annual body check today at the dermatologist.  Do you get an annual check?  If not, you should.  I schedule mine for September since summer is over and I’m not in the sun anymore.  I got a clean bill of health :)  I’m diligent about doing this, so is Hubs.  He’s had several basal cell carcinomas removed, so we’re super careful!

My derm also recommended a new face wash. 

 

For 40 beans per bottle, this stuff better get my already good skin looking like a work of art by Michelangelo or something!  I’ll keep you posted!

SIG2

0 comments: