Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Just Short

  So I’ve mentioned a few times that my Nike+ iPod has been cutting me a little short on my mileage.  I sat down today at Map My Run and meticulously planned my route for my 5K run.  My Nike+ clocked me in at 2.98 miles.  I ran 3.10.  The good news was that my pace of 9:19/mile turned out to be 8:58/mile when I calculated it using Cool Running’s pace calculator.  Too bad it doesn’t count toward this month’s speed goal :(FITDistance:  3.10 miles
Time:  27:49
Avg. Paee:  8:58/mile
**  I’ve decided to take a brief hiatus from my HR monitor.  I’m finding that I’m too concerned with keeping my bpm in the “right range.”  I’m just concentrating on running and listening to my body for a while.  Never fear, my Polar will return.  

 

HEALTHY

Breakfast:

P1020764 Breakfast cookie!

In the mix:

  • 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/8 cup almond milk
  • 1 T cinnamon raisin swirl PB
  • cinnamon
  • vanilla
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin (WAY too much!)

I topped it with plain Chobani and sliced banana.  I used WAY too much pumpkin in this little puppy.  It was mushy as all get out and I wound up only eating half.  I’m thinking 1/4 cup of pumpkies next time.

Snack/Lunch:

I didn’t photograph, but snack was a mini PB CLIF bar.  Lunch was exactly like yesterday’s but with vanilla Chobani and a pear instead of an apple.  I was running late this morning and this required almost zero thought.

PM Snack:

CLIF ZBar and sliced strawberries (I was HANGRY)

P1020766 Dinner:

P1020770 Whole wheat pasta, broccoli and asparagus in a quick homemade pesto.

In the pesto mix: (all measurements are guesstimates since I dumped handfuls of everything in the food processor and called it a day)

  • 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt + pepper
  • 1/2 cup basil
  • 1 1/2 cups spinach
  • 1 1/2 cups arugula
  • 1/4 cup olive oil

I had an arugula and tomato salad on the side with balsamic vinaigrette.  It was muy delicioso.

Since I went MIA for two days, I wanted to share some fabu eats with you.

First off…

P1020751

Yup.  You’ve heard me talk about it.  It.is.ah.ma.zing. 

P1020752

I slathered some on a naner as soon as I got that sucker home.  Magnifique. 

P1020753

I finally found the elusive pineapple Chobani.  Heavenly. 

P1020757

Finally, I made some chili and cornbread for NY Giants football on Sunday.  It’s three-bean turkey chili.  It was purely divine.  The cornbread mix was from TJ’s and was the perfect compliment.  It was just missing a frothy beverage that rhymes with fear. 

Ok…I hear the Biggest Loser scale beeping away in the other room.  I have to go find out what’s going on! 

SIG2

1 comments:

Jenna said...

i really wanna try another flavor of pb & co! did you like this one?!
jenna